Friday, November 25, 2016

Baybay vice mayor pleased by Kerwin’s testimony

BAYBAY CITY, Leyte, Nov. 24 (PNA) -- Baybay City Vice mayor Michael Cari was glad that alleged drug lord Kerwin Espinosa cleared his name from the list of personalities who benefited from drug money.

Cari, who watched the live broadcast of Senate hearing on Tuesday, turned emotional after the younger Espinosa’s testimony.

“Now I can sleep soundly after wondering for weeks why my name was linked to the drug trade,” said Cari, a member of the biggest political clan in Leyte province.

Cari recalled that the only time he met Kerwin’s father, Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa, Sr. was during the oath taking of newly-elected officials after the May 2016 polls.

“Personally, I don’t know the Espinosas. It hurts me that I was linked to the Espinosa drug group,” said Cari, who is also a former mayor of this city.

“This vindication brings relief for me, my family, friends, and supporters who stood by me in this ordeal.”

The official called for thorough investigation as to who implicated his name in the affidavit of the slain mayor.

Other officials cleared by Espinosa were Leyte Governor Leopoldo Dominico Petilla, Vice Governor Carlo Loreto, Leyte 3rd district Rep. Vicente Veloso, and Ormoc City Mayor Richard Gomez. (PNA)
LAP/SQM/JAZMIN BONIFACIO/EGR


No comments:

Post a Comment